Commercial Construction Estimator
Lloyd Construction is a Commercial General Contractor looking for a professional, experienced, self-motivated and extremely organized individual to fill the role of Commercial Construction Estimator. Looking for an individual that fits into our team dynamic. The Estimator for Lloyd Construction will contribute in all aspects of the estimating process. This includes, but is not limited to; review of blueprints and specifications, soliciting and negotiating prices from subs/suppliers, and the completion of bid/estimating process and closeout. The Estimator will also provide quantity take-off, pricing, scoping and bidding of construction projects involving more complex trade packages and self-perform work.
Estimating Support for Projects
- Accurately performs quantity take-offs.
- Provides pricing and bidding of construction projects.
- Applies and develops logical assumptions to takeoff tasks.
- Communicates effectively with architects and consultants to process scope of work, materials, and schedule requirements.
- Conducts reviews of milestone documents for the development and pricing of value alternative opportunities.
- Participates in the estimate review process to determine successes and failures.
- Assists with final estimate for presentation to owner(s).
- After the bid, collects and organizes all bid information for use in the future.
- Assists field teams with change order pricing (if necessary).
Subcontractor Analysis for Bids
- Organizes and provides necessary information and documents to subcontractors.
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts.
- Leads in hard bid/estimating and GMP budgeting activities by soliciting subcontractor support and evaluating bids.
Industry Knowledge / Relationships
- Builds relationships with subcontractors and other vendors to advance a competitive advantage for Lloyd Construction.
- Attends industry events and represents Lloyd Construction to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Builds and maintains relationships with current Lloyd Construction clientele.
- Stay up-to-date with latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Demonstrates basic estimating skills by interpreting data.
- Questions designs and assumptions and presents ideas to Project Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering and/or 5-7 years of equivalent experience required
- General knowledge of construction principles and processes.
- Ability to interpolate cost data from a wide range of sources into a conceptual estimate.
- Basic understanding of indirect costs, including insurance, taxes, and fees.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- General knowledge of negotiated bids, hard bids, and GMP processes.
- Working knowledge of estimating technology and tools such as OST and BIM related software. Knowledge of Prolog is a plus.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and core values consistent with Lloyd Construction.
Job Type: Full-time
- Estimating: 5 years
PLEASE SEND ALL RESUMÉS TO JOBS@LLOYDCONSTRUCTION.COM